Monday, November 05, 2007

A New Era

Okay Cat fans! While I obviously don't have a following..yet; I am going to try and keep up with this. We are in the midst of a very important time for UK Athletics right now. Obviously the excitement the football team has given us this year has been truly amazing. Now that its November we get to officially usher in Billy Clyde as the next head coach to lead Kentucky to their 8th Championship Banner in Rupp.

Funny I was watching the Memphis game tonight and noticed they had a ceremony for raising their Elite Eight banner...wow, congrats Tigers! I suppose the past couple of seasons we would have enjoyed the thought of raising an Elite Eight banner. (That 05 Michigan State game seems like it sooooo long ago) However we all know we do not hang Elite Eight banners in Rupp. This is the tradition that we have at Kentucky. I'm confident that Billy Clyde understands this. I will be attending a majority of the home games this year as well as our annual group trip to an away game. This year we will be heading to Athens with about 30 guys, should be epic. Full report coming in February...stay tuned for that one. I hope to give my pea-brain analysis on most games, as if you care.

I suppose I owe my blogging interest to the guys over at www.kentuckysportsradio.com For those of you who are Cat Fans and do not frequent that site...YOU SHOULD! Period! Those guys work their ass off and do a hell of job. I'll try to be a little different from them if I can. They do a great job with recruiting and keeping up with breaking news on all UK fronts. I'm going to try and post everyday if I can. I can talk for hours about UK sports so I should be able to find something to post about.

Big game this weekend in Nashville. I am making the trip down south to see the Cats pick up a big road victory. Then we all have to put our Visors on and pull for the South Carolina Spurriers to knock off the University of Florida Tebows. This is a MUST WIN for USC in order to keep our SEC Championship dreams alive...assuming we can pull off, what will be a tough tough win on Saturday. BIG DAY...BIG DAY...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a life! Too much time on your hands.... J/k! I like the blog page; i'll be keeping up.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I guess I should have said "1st"