Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Monday Night Quick Hitters....on Wednesday

Okay...okay...I know its not Monday night, and I have definitely been slacking lately. I am really relaxing hard this week, which should give me time to do this blog, however I've also been extremely lazy. You see I start my new job on Monday at the Weber Group outside Louisville; and this could very well be the last place that I work. I will be doing theme park design work as well as construction management. It appears to be a dream job of sorts. So I may not have any other time off, other than paid vacation, for some 30 years or so. Wow that sounded scary. Anyway here is the belated version..enjoy!

  • Now that the SEC has won two straight BCS Championships, I STILL strongly believe that the SEC Champion should get an automatic bid the National Championship, as well as another team in the BCS. I have stated this before, but I have to stick to my guns.
  • The SEC going 7-2 in bowl games this year reaffirmed most people's sentiments that the SEC is, and was, the best football conference in the country...hands down.
  • I sat next to the Louisville family section on Saturday and I almost reconsidered the move to Louisville...seriously. They are absolutely ANNOYING, but who can blame them really. I got so hot at times I had to call them out on their Bowl trip this year...which was NO WHERE!
  • I know Louisville was supposed to win, but after the way UK ended the first half, I was very optimistic, I really didn't think the wheels would fall off that game so quickly.
  • I completely agree with Matt Jones from kentuckysportsradio.com that Ohio State should no longer be allowed to participate in the BCS Championship Game. When you get outscored 79-38 in two games...you had your chance, let someone else get a shot to lose to an SEC team.
  • This is going to be a rough year, "basketball-wise". Billy Clyde did a lot of his magic at A&M once conference play started. Lets hope this holds true for these Cats.
  • I know a lot of people are thinking, "Ramel and Joe have been there forever", when watching the Cats on TV (Even some UK fans share that sentiment for other reasons). I had a similar thought last night watching Alabama and their big man Richard Hendrix. It seems that he was posting up on Andre Riddick some 12-13 years ago. (Side note: Andre Riddick continues to be one of my all-time favorite UK players.)
  • I can't say enough how special this senior class was on UK's football team this year. I look forward to seeing their reunion at Commonwealth Stadium 10 and 20 years down the road. There is no doubt that I will be there.
  • By the way, UK beat National Champion LSU. The other loss LSU had was Arkansas, which UK also beat. Is it that far-fetched to name UK the defacto National Champion. Also last year UK beat UGA, which beat Auburn, which beat Florida. So can we say that UK is back-to-back Defacto National Champions? I think its a fair statement, but maybe its just me...
photo courtesy of ESPN.com

No comments: